At Emerson Bible Church we believe in the entire Word of God, from Genesis to Revelation, and every book in between. This means that we will not water down the Gospel nor will we compromise the message of God.
1. The Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21) We believe in God’s verbal inspiration of all the Scriptures of both the Old and New Testaments, and that they are the infallible final authority in faith and life.
4. The Atonement–Christ’s death for our sins (Hebrews 9:12, Galatians 3:13-14)
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, and that with His shed blood, He obtained for us an eternal redemption.
5. The Resurrection of Christ (Acts 2:29-31, 1 Peter 3:18-20)
We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there as our high priest and advocate.
6. Salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9, John 1:12)
We believe that salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from works and that it is possessed by all who have, by faith, received the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
7. The Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14)
We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, a divine person, and that He indwells all believers. We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is the sovereign work of God that occurs at the moment of conversion, whereby the Holy Spirit places the believer in the Body of Christ.
9. Judgment (1 Corinthians 15:12-32, Revelation 20:11-15)
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost